Wooden floors can be easily damaged by the use of in-proper cleaning materials. If you are considering to use a vacuum cleaner you have to make sure it is suitable for use on your delicate floor. It only takes one wrong move and you could be looking at a scratch that’s beyond repairing. We examined the vacuum cleaners currently available in this category to see which ones perform best when they are used on a wooden floor.
Dyson DC40 Multi floor upright vacuum cleaner
This lightweight Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner is really the king when it comes to vacuum cleaners for wood floors. It can also be used on any other thinkable floor surface. Ideal if you have a combination of floors to deal with. The self adjusting system on the cleaner head provides an effortless smooth transition between rug, carpeted or any kind of surface you wish to clean..The DC40 Multi floor also has patented Ball technology. It turns on the spot, which allows you to maneuver more easily around obstacles and into awkward spaces. And because the motor and other key components are located inside the ball, the machine has a lower center of gravity making it extremely easy to steer.
- Dyson cyclone technology captures more dirt and microscopic dust
- On hard floors the base plate lowers to create an efficient seal, and the brush bar lifts clear off the floor to protect delicate surfaces
- Turns on a dime with more components housed inside the ball for easier access to awkward spaces
- Cleaner head self-adjusts for optimal contact – even on hard floors
- 5 Year Warranty- parts and labor guaranteed by Dyson
Last seen price : $372.00 Check current price at amazon
Miele S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This canister lightweight vacuum cleaner is ideal for households with hardwood or low-pile carpeting. The powerful yet remarkably quiet 1200 watt motor has 6 variable speed settings accessible through a simple switch control . The vacuum is equipped with a filtering system to clear both air and floor from smelly odors and allergens while the combination floor tool effortlessly transitions from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of the rocker switch.
- Exceptionally lightweight
- Air Clean filter
- Dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle on VarioClip
- 29.5-feet cleaning radius
- Classic combination carpet/smooth floor tool for low pile carpeting, rugs and smooth flooring
Last seen price:$329.00 Check current price at amazon
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E)
Lightweight upright vacuum cleaner for every thinkable floor (including hardwood, tile, vynil) with detachable canister for easy access to small, hard to reach areas around your home and car. also ideal for quickly cleaning stairs. The superior HEPA filtration system captures and holds over 99.99% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum and the no loss of suction system does what it says. This vacuum cleaner is highly rated by lot’s of consumers on various forums,blogs and sale platforms.
- Never Loses Suction Technology
- Lightweight, XL Capacity Portable Canister
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, HEPA
- Dust-AwayTM Bare Floor Attachment with 2 Microfiber Pads
- Swivel Steering – Easy to Maneuver
Last seen price : $199.00 Check current price at amazon
Best ways to clean a wooden floor
Wooden floors are one of the easiest flooring types to keep clean. The most effective and hygienic way is to clean it with a damp mop or steam cleaner. Before using either one of them you have to make sure that you have removed all surface dust from the floor. Some people prefer to use a soft broom for this particular job, but this can actually damage your delicate floor. The grit and dirt on the floors surface gets swept arround and can easily leave a scratch or dent that can’t be repaired. This is where a vacuum cleaner comes in handy. Instead of sweeping your grit, dust and dirt arround you can suck it right of the floor’s surface and aside from that you will also be able to reach awkward places and remove tiny particles and dust that sweeping leaves behind. Always remove dirt and grit from your floor prior to other methods of cleaning, it is the biggest cause of damage to a floors finish.